As Sr. Software Engineer, you will play a key role in the ongoing development of our Web Platform to develop critical applications and features.
The ideal candidate on our Web Platform team will have a background in building Java-based commerce applications.
- Driving the development of the Web Platform: architect, design and code to specification
- Working closely with the Core Platform and Mobile teams on service APIs, content access and presentation
- Designing and developing code using the best practices and tools
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Being a team player who can work together with Product, QA and Operations to deliver the highest quality product to the customer
Good to have:
- 4-7 years of hands-on server side Java software development experience.
- Experience working with high-scale backend systems, RESTful web services, XML and JSON
- Strong development and technical skills in Java/J2EE, JSP JBoss, Ant
- Experience with design and implementation of enterprise web applications against relational (SQL) databases
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix; fluency in shell scripting
- Experience with modern software engineering best practices: Agile/Scrum, unit test/test automation, CI/CD, peer code reviews, etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with ATG
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate
- Experience working on commercial applications
Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related. Master's degree preferred.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in a private equity-backed, industry leading company that's revolutionizing premium digital publishing.