About The Company
The world's first and largest digital newsstand, Zinio has provided millions of readers with access to 5,500+ magazines on 33 local newsstands via desktops, laptops, tablets, smart books and mobile phones. Rated "Top 20 Best iOS and Android App of 2012" by Tech Crunch and "Best App Ever" for iOS by 5 Million fans, Zinio strives to deliver the best reading experience, bar none.
Zinio has more than 350 global publishing partners, including Conde Nast, Bonnier, Hearst, IDG, Gruner + Jahr, IPC Media, The Economist, National Geographic, Future Publishing, McGraw-Hill, Rogers Publishing, Fast Company and many others. Zinio is distributed through virtually every major device manufacturer and network including: Dell, Lenovo, Acer, Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, Microsoft, T-Mobile, AT&T, and many others.
About the Role:
The Sr. Accounting Manager is responsible for the day to day accounting operations for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises three staff accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, intercompany consolidations, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with senior-level executives and report into the CFO.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the CFO to ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with International finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining and appropriate internal control environment for financial reporting.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from Managers, Directors, and Executives, CFO and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the CFO to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advice on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support CFO with special projects and workflow process improvements.
BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA required
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- 5 to 7 years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working with International accounting practices a plus.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with Quick Books and or other automated accounting system a must. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Zinio is headquartered in downtown San Francisco with offices in New York, London and Barcelona. Highly competitive compensation includes a strong base salary, bonus, & great benefits!
- Innovative, high growth culture
- Fun, flexible and casual environment with great people
- Near all major San Francisco transportation: BART, buses, ferry boats etc.
If you feel you meet the requirements of this position please submit your resume to:
Jobs@zinio.com Subject Line: Sr. Accounting Manager