Zinio is a cutting edge and innovative company and is revolutionizing digital publishing and marketing services. Zinio delivers the ultimate content experience for the digital age. Our products and services enable readers to experience popular publications in engaging digital formats. Zinio recently acquired a game changing technology company further evolving our technology platform bringing published content to life with video, audio, flash, links, highlighting, search and other interactivity directly to screens around the world. Zinio's products include the world's largest newsstand and top-rated applications for iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows 8. Readers can store and read full magazines offline, sync libraries across multiple devices and search digital magazine archives. The company was born in 2001 in San Francisco and has offices in New York, London and Barcelona. Zinio is global, selling and distributing 5,000+ magazines from 1,500 publishers in 33 languages.
We are on the edge of a content revolution and Zinio will lead the way. If being part of a team that is rebuilding its core business and technology solutions is exciting to you, then we want to have you on our team!
You will lead the charge for all co-marketing engagements and branded app marketing education with our global publishers. Your primary responsibilities will include driving the strategy, programs and processes that will increase publisher driven sales, create strong co-marketing partnerships with key publisher contacts, and ensure maximum marketing participation of Tier 1/2 publishers across all Zinio and external platforms. These responsibilities include management of the US and global Publisher Marketing Services teams, along with coordination with Global Publisher Services teams, to ensure each individual is working with their own set of clients to achieve the same goals.
You will work in collaboration with all Zinio teams, especially the Marketing, Partnership and Merchandising teams.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about email marketing and promotions and have a proven track record in ecommerce, and mobile applications. Direct experience within publishing is an advantage. You will also
- Lead publisher relationships with Zinio's high value clients and partners including creating innovative co-marketing programs, conveying Zinio's value and revenue growth.
- Be a thought leaser and expert in marketing branded apps.
- Lead strategy discussions and devise impactful programs for publishers and partners in the US and globally, both internally at Zinio and externally with Publisher co-marketing.
- Define and drive custom marketing best practice consultations in the US/CA and globally.
- Create launch and ongoing marketing strategies/plans to promote growth for publishers/partners.
- Supervise on-time execution of all assigned programs.
- Track and analyze results of programs to optimize going forward
- Be analytical and ensure all campaigns tie back to metrics and results so we can test and learn
- Manage the US/CA team and ensure growth paths, plans and mentorship for each team member as part of Zinio?s annual review process. Ensure up to date and maintained job descriptions for each team member.
- Lead weekly Global Publisher Growth meeting with an agenda that includes team focus for the month/quarter, team results overview, and best practices/case study sharing.
- Excellent understanding of Digital Customer loyalty/engagement planning and execution within a fast-based ecommerce environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications as well as software applications such as customer relationship management and email campaign programs.
- Familiar with search engine optimization strategies
- Experience with branded apps and marketing them
- Email performance metrics and project management fundamentals
- Proven ability to develop Campaign plans outlining key audience?s needs, campaign themes, communications and contact strategy
- Partner with internal and external marketing measurement and analysis resources to develop tracking/testing plans serving as a central resource for reporting in-market marketing communications test results and opportunities for continuous improvements. Experience at driving the bottom line.
- Extremely detail oriented and strong communication skills required.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- 8-10 years in digital marketing; 4-6 years proven work experience specifically in Email /Text Marketing /Social (www and mobile) focused on Retention and loyalty.
- Hardworking, flexible attitude and good sense of humor.
- You are current with the latest digital industry trends and best practices, and you are passionate about testing new channels and approaches.
- BA required, MBA a plus
As a small, fast-paced company, we look for self-starters who thrive in a truly dynamic environment.In this role you work with a small, collaborative team and interface with product, developers and designers.
Highly competitive compensation includes a strong base salary, & great benefits!
- Innovative, high growth culture
- Free fruit, snacks, and drinks
- Great People