As Sr.Software Engineer, you will play a critical role in the development and technical direction of all consumer-facing systems and backend partner integration.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced technologist, passionate about software engineering. You should have a background in building Java-based web services.
- Driving the design and implementation of content systems and backend services
- Working closely with the Web Platform and Mobile teams on service APIs and content access
- Designing and developing code using the best practices and tools
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Being a team player who can work together with Product, QA and Operations to deliver the highest quality product to the customer
Good to have:
- 5-7 years of hands-on server side Java software development experience
- Experience in developing and debugging multi-threaded programs
- Relational database application development and SQL
- Unit test development, peer code reviews.
- Linux/Unix; fluency in shell scripting
- Great analytical and problem solving skills
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Modern software engineering best practices: Agile/Scrum, unit test/test automation, peer code reviews, etc.
- Experience with other JS libraries and frameworks(Backbone.js, Ember.js) is a plus
- Experience with maintaining large commercial applications
Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in a private equity-backed, industry leading company that's revolutionizing premium digital publishing.
Candidates are invited to submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Sr.Software Engineer (Core)