As a Zinio Product Manager, you'll help drive Zinio's global product roadmap for www.zinio.com within a fast-paced environment. You'll help identify innovative product ideas for growing Zinio's Web business and delivering an end-user experience that delights customers through a world-class digital reading and discovery experience.
This role requires a passion for creating an immersive, yet elegant consumer experience in the e-commerce space. At the same time, this role also requires an analytical mind for assessing key metrics, such as retention and purchase conversion. The ideal candidate is adept at iterating quickly and effectively with impactful product changes, demonstrates proactive collaboration, and enjoys working in a loosely structured environment.
Your role entails product strategy, planning and delivery to meet business and target needs as Zinio strives for global market leadership.
The world's first and largest digital newsstand, Zinio has been downloaded by over 24 million readers and provides access to more than 5,000 magazines on 33 local newsstands via smartphones, tablets and PCs. Rated "Top 20 Best iOS and Android App of 2012" by TechCrunch and "Best App Ever" for iOS, Zinio strives to deliver the best magazine reading experience, bar none. Zinio is headquartered in downtown San Francisco with offices in New York, London and Barcelona.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Develop product strategy by leveraging competitive insights and collaborating with engineering, development, UX design, marketing, and other business stakeholders in order to understand needs, build consensus, and execute successfully.
- Develop a well-informed and highly innovative product roadmap to ensure Zinio delivers a world-class reading and e-commerce experience that meet business and end-user needs.
- Define concise product requirements and wireframes when useful.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of zinio's Web roadmap, through effective prioritization in order to maximize business impact and partner satisfaction.
- Embrace an Agile development (preferably scrum).
- Maintain a well-groomed backlog of product requirements, prioritizing new requests and closing out tasks in a timely manner.
- Monitor performance and post-launch metrics to ensure key goals are met; if not met, identify possible corrective measures and execute swiftly.
- Gather and assess insights from the purchase funnel, customer service, and user feedback to identify key pain points and incorporate solutions into the roadmap in a pragmatic way.
- Conduct AB testing and usability testing with pre-release products or prototypes.
- Request, analyze and harness insights to ensure products meet or exceed target needs
- Communicate competitive situation and product performance/roadmap in a compelling manner within the organization and to partners/publishers
- Establish a track record of accomplishment, comprised of launching impactful products that satisfy customers and meet or exceed business metrics.
Your Experience and Background
- 7-10+ years' experience in Product Management roles with recent emphasis in the consumer e-commerce space.
- Results-oriented and analytical.
- Able to discern and prioritize business and user needs to meet short and longer term goals.
- Track record of success in defining and launching digital products.
- Knowledgeable about delivering SaaS, authoring, and CMS tools
- Bachelor's degree, MBA, or equivalent experience
- Experience working on mobile, content management, or platform products.
- Experienced in Agile software development processes
- Compelling and clear communicator, written and verbal.
- Loves success and encourages a winning culture
- Excellent teamwork skills
Highly competitive compensation includes a strong base salary, bonus, & terrific benefits!
Candidates are invited to submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Senior Product Manager- Web.